Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Little White/A Little Pink


The minute I heard that my 'back row at church acquaintance' had a new baby girl, this white and pink scrappy quilt popped into my mind. I knew I wanted to make this quilt, and quick. I just happened to see this little baby girl named Addison, who, is beautiful, at the grocery store with her mama. I was able to hook up with them later and deliver the quilt when it was completed.

This is one of those quilts, that adding the binding and getting it stitched down, just made the whole quilt. It seemed cuter after that final stitch.
The backing is a big polka dot in flannel. I'd had this in my stash for a couple of years. I'm please with how well it worked for this quilt. For the quilting, I used my favorite stitch, the Serpentine #3 on Bernina. I worked it in a large grid, passing through every other stripe of fabric, horizontally and vertically, edge to edge. I wish the picture showed the quilting.  I hope Addison and mommy Katie, get a great amount of use in this quilt...and that someday, when Addison has a baby girl, she can use it then too. That's the beauty of good quality quilting fabric!

Take Care!~~~

2 comments:

Nancy said...

It turned out real cute! Good work. Oh and I tweaked your background color, so let me know what you think.

Nanette Merrill said...

Both baby quilts are really darling.